Sunday, February 24, 2008

There's nothing like being published to make your self-esteem take a nose dive. Think about it. Before, I wrote for the fun of it. Now, I still write for the fun of it, but now I also have a purpose. I'm trying to get published again.

When I start to write there are these voices, see? They say things like "you suck!" or "go back to your day job!" or "even a broken clock is right twice a day!". *sigh* Nor does it help when you join a critique group. Don't get me wrong. I love the ladies with whom I'm trusting my work. It's just that after critiquing their stuff, I realize how much better theirs is! lol. (Did I mention those nagging voices?)

Fortunately, I don't seem to be alone in my self-doubt. Over on the Cobblestone Press forums and on the Romance Divas forums, there are threads dedicated to just such things. And I don't feel so lonely anymore.

If I can just find the volume control to the voices, I'll be all right.

No comments: