Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The March Dee Carney Writes Newsletter went out today. Those readers know a few things the rest of you don't know. Nyah nyah nyah! Use the links to the left to sign up. It's not too late!

This past Sunday, I attended my first ever "word war" with five other writers. For those of you who don't know what this means, basically for 30 minutes you write. For this particular group, we posted excerpts of what we managed to do in those 30 minutes. All of this was done via IM. Well, we started somewhere around 11 am and kept doing 30 minute increments until 10 pm that evening. I managed a total of 6502 words. To give you an idea of how much that is, I normally manage about 1000 words a DAY! So that was six days' worth in one! I will say that on Monday, I was drained and barely managed to squeak out 700 words. lol.

I'm toying with the idea of taking one of my less-popular stories and posting it for free on my web site. Who wouldn't want a free read? I'm still toying with the idea. What do you think?

No comments: