Wednesday, January 2, 2008

There's nothing like being sick to make you want to do absolutely nothing. Add freezing weather to that and well, darn it, sweatpants and a comforter are about the only things that'll be getting any of my attention!

I suppose I'm really just trying to explain away why Flight of the Guardian is coming along so slowly. I skimmed an article someone wrote about "writer's block" and thought about that phenomenon. Is there really such a thing? NaNo proved to me that when pushed to the wall, I can crank out pages upon pages of stuff. (Not necessarily good stuff, but stuff nonetheless.) Why is it then that every time I start a new story, it's like pulling teeth? I know what I want to happen, but is it ever so painstakingly slow to get there.

C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Cole Reising said...

Hi Dee! I hope you get better quick! On the writing, personally I go through spurts and I think that part of that is that with NaNo we allow ourselves to write junk if need be. Other times I think its just a matter of us wanting it to be right the first time around and thus we stall ourselves out. Sometimes it is good to have written something and moved on... at least then you have something to alter. Other times I think... I'm glad I stalled... it gave my mind time to analyze and figure out what I really wanted to do. =)

Get better soon!
Cole